Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Better today






This is how we felt yesterday. Notice the dark circles that are Jeff's eyes. Very flattering photo.

We did sleep better last night, although the bed is very hard. Jeff had to resort to beer drinking to get himself to sleep. I hear it is a good think to drink beer here though because it will kill some of the funky bacteria swirling around.

It is 6:30 am and we are getting ready for our day of sight seeing. Our guide is a young lady that goes by the name Kim. Kim is very excited about the 2008 Olympics. She is already planning on beating us in the medal count. Kim just graduated from college here in Beijing. She majored in the English language. Her English is excellent, much better than my Chinese. I did have to use my Chinese a few times at the airport yesterday when we were in the Guangzhou airport. It was stilted but did get the job done.

This is a photo of the view from our hotel room. Notice the pollution (it's still this hazy after a rain storm last night). You can really feel it in the air.

More later.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Sam said...

That time change is a killer! BTW, if you are staying at the White Swan when you get to Guanzhou, I was told you can request a "Western" mattress. I wish I had known in December! Have fun touring! We spent a fortune in the Pearl factory!

Sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home