Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday

This will be a quick entry. We took a turn for the worse in the sleeping last night. Jeff spotted a tooth coming in on top, so definitely the source of the fussiness. Maizie woke up 2-3 times in the middle of the night. Probably does not sound like a lot to you, but to us it was a long night. Also Jeff and I had never decided what our position was on cosleeping, but it seems Maizie may have made that decision for us. She falls asleep by the end of every bottle. No matter how soundly asleep she is, the second her head touches the crib she is up. We have tried to continue feeding her while she is in the crib but it is not effective. Her favorite place to sleep right now seems to be right on top of me. It is of course wonderful, but it also very sweaty and uncomfortable. Also it leads to her waking up a couple of times a night.

On the paperwork front, today we received Maizie's passport. Tomorrow we have her medical exam, which is more of a look over than an actual exam.

Maizie has taken a preference to me. She is still very interested in Jeff. Also when we are out walking she lets both Jeff and I hold her, but for bottles/sleep/play time in the hotel, I am the parent du jour. We think this is a good sign that she is attaching to us, but it does make it more exhausting for me, which is why photos only yesterday and text only tonight. Jeff is becoming very good at preparing bottles, washing bottles, fetching diapers and providing food for me.

A few more days and we will be home. I am looking forward to bringing Maizie home, but I know it means more changes for her. She is a very happy baby and I know she will adjust, but hopefully we will do a good job of not overwhelming her.

5 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Carrie & Jeff,
I am so happy everything is going so well!!! Maizie is so beautiful!! Kieren likes to look at her picture on the computer and say "baby". It's too cute! Hang in there on the teething. Enjoy your time in China!

Sam

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Jada's Mommy said...

Jada slept on top of me chest-to-chest for a few days too. It is sweet at first, but is hot and uncomfortable. (((hug))) I am sure she will sleep better once she is feeling better.

If you want teething advice, send me an email. I have tried about everything! I can at least give you a list of ideas that others gave me. ;-)

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Parents!!! This is all so exciting and I'm sure exhausting! Can't wait to meet her!!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of your cousin, Denise O'toole, who, by the way you look very much like!!! She has invited me to share in this fun time with you on your webpage. Maizie is so sweet, and you are both blessed. As a 30 year airline employee, I just want to tell you ( you may already know this!), be sure to give Maizie a bottle during take off/landing, as it will help her keep her ears from hurting. Apparently the sucking relieves the pressure on the ears. It's a long trip, and with the teething, you don't need another problem!! You're going to be great parents, and Maizie is one lucky little girl! God Bless.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations...Maizie is beautiful! I've been following your blog and loving every post. I hope the teething and sleeping are going a little better. She and Jada will be great little friends. Have a safe trip home and enjoy your little one. Marlys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home